Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined; set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
5. Gradually add the oat/flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture, with the mixer on low, just until combined.
6. Stir in raisins just until incorporated.
7. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop the dough onto the parchment paper lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies slightly, to about 1/2-inch thickness. An easy way to do this is with slightly damp hands.
8. Bake until the edges are golden and the cookies are just set (They will still be soft in the center), about 12 to 15 minutes. You may want to turn the cookie sheet around halfway through the cooking time to insure that the cookies bake evenly.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes and then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe Yields About 2 Dozen Larger or 4 Dozen Smaller Cookies.